Kodi 17 Beta 2 has just been released, and this release features a huge amount of work in areas like video playback, live TV and PVR/DVR, the music library, skinning and more. It features a new default skin, as well as a new default touchscreen skinned, named Estuary and Estouchy, respectively.
Kodi 17 Beta 2 Highlights
- Any game controller was non function due to recent refactoring. This has now been fixed with the added bonus of deadzone settings for joypads.
- PVR section got a variety of fixed ranging from usability to possible crashing
- Fix possible issue if internet stream used a redirect
- Fix “could not connect to repository” popup
- No longer handle data migrations from pre-Kodi v14 versions.
- Add fallback path to Kodi settings if the skin you use hasn’t received an update yet
- Several fixes done to passthrough audio handling
- Fix possible crash on loading context menu add-ons
- Add Android Nougat new passthrough audio API which special thanks to Google developers for adding this.
- De-interlacing setting underwent some changes recently and some problems came to light.
- Skin and add-on updating doesn’t check for dependencies if they are not in a repository. From now on on any upgrade Kodi we will go through all available updates and install them before starting Kodi.
- Fix DPI unawareness on Windows where it would start in the zoomed in if it wasn’t set to 100% Thanks to Microsoft for giving us the correct way of solving it.
A full list can be found here
Install Kodi 17 Beta 2 on Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Install the encode addon
sudo apt-get install kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*
Remove Kodi 17 Beta 2
sudo apt-get remove kodi*comments powered by Disqus