Krita 3.0.1 recently released, is the first release after Krita 3.0. This release already contains the first results of the 2016 Google Summer of Code projects, as well as kickstarter-funded features.
Krita 3.0.1 Highlights
- Smarter input boxes that can accept simple maths! Unit conversion is still coming! This feature was created by Laurent Jospin.
- Per-stroke fuzziness sensor, called “Fuzzy: Stroke”, perfect for all those grassblades that need to be subtly different.
- Added “Ratio” property to the brush editor. This allows you to map the brush width and height aspect ratio to your pen. This feature was created by Nishant Rodriguez
- Gradient Maps can now be added as filter layers.
- New option to convert a group into an animated layer
- Added showing coordinates when using the Move Tool. Enable this feature from the tool options.
- Added Japanese animation template (by Saisho Kazuki)
- Snap free transform tool with the Shift key
- Improved Pixel 1 Preset
- Improved default onion skin settings to make it easier to use
- Use relative zooming so you zoom based off your cursor instead of the center of the screen
- Add ability to enter groups with PgUp/PgDown shortcuts
- Gray out sliders for disabled onion skin columns
- Added Breeze color themes
- re-organized the layers menu and layer context-click menu so they take up less space
- Improved verbiage for “paste to simple source” dialog. It is now called “Missing Color Profile”. Added option to remember your selection.
- Visibility of status bar is now saved
- Show previous color in Advanced Colors Selector docker
- Retired the support for the little-used OpenJPEG export format. (Note: this has nothing to do with JPEG support!)
- There is an optional button available for the toolbars to switch pressure sensitivity off and on (patch by Grigory Tantsevov)
See release notes for full list
How to install Krita 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Download the Linux appimage file
- Right-click on the file and click properties. Click on Permissions tab and check the box to make it executable
- Then run the file as it does not require any installation
comments powered by Disqus