Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image or Norton Ghost. It helps you to do system deployment, bare metal backup and recovery. It comes in two types, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition). The latest release Clonezilla 2.4.7-8 includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
Clonezilla 2.4.7-8 Changelog
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/Jun/27).
- Linux kernel was updated to 4.6.2-2.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.89. A btrfs issue has been fixed.
- Cloudfuse was updated to 0.9+redbogit871a98f-drbl2, i.e. the version from redbo with patches from Am1GO. Thanks to maple52046 (maple52046 _at_ gmail com).
- Partclone-utils was updated to 0.4.1.
- When option “-k1” or “-k2” in the TUI is chosen, “-icds” is on automatically.
- Add “-batch” in the TUI for expert saving mode.
- Provide an option to mount image repository again when failing in ocs-live-repository. “ask_user” is a reserved name to be used as the Samba domain and account and SSHFS account in the URI so that user can input their own names. Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling _at_ lkstevens wednet edu) for these ideas.
- If failing to mount sshfs and samba server as image repository, clonezilla now asks if retrying.
- Use shorter name for fsck-related options, i.e. “-fsck-src-part” is replaced by “-fsck”, and “-fsck-src-part-y” is replaced by “-fsck-y”.
- Reuse the parsed partition info when detecting the data/swap/extended partitions. Thanks to starnavi for this suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/ba256b4b
- Add support for device /dev/nbd. Thanks to Mircea Dan for this suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Help/thread/d2d2a480/
- Boot parameter ocs_preload now supports mount command for nfs/cifs to preload files. E.g. ocs_preload=”mount -t cifs //192.168.120.2/images/ /tmp/cifs -o user=administrator,password=yourpasswd” will preload files on cifs server to /opt/ in Clonezilla live environment.
- Add a mechanism so that image repository can be auto mounted with boot parameter ocs_repository in URI format, e.g. ocs_repository=”dev:///dev/sdf1″ or ocs_repository=”smb://wa-domain;jack:firstname.lastname@example.org/images”. Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling _at_ lkstevens wednet edu) for this idea.
- Live-boot was updated so that its toram parameter can be assigned as multiple modules (e.g. “live,syslinux”)
- Add supporting for grub on EBR (Extended Boot Record) imaging and cloning. Thanks to Bill Wright (bill _at_ blug org) for reporting this issue.
- Failed to mount OpenStack swift image repository. Thanks to maple52046 (maple52046 _at_ gmail com) for reporting this issue.
- Failed to restore the boot loader on EBR (Extended Boot Record). Thanks to Bill Wright (bill _at_ blug org) for reporting this issue.
- MBR (executable code area) data should be restored even it’s GPT disk. Some OS, e.g. ESXi 5.5 need that