Wine 1.9.17 Dev recently released, comes with a number of new features, improvements and bugfixes. This includes better exception handling on 64-bit, various improvements in joystick support, some more stream support in the C++ runtime, font embedding improvements, more metafile support in GDI and various bug fixes.
Wine 1.9.17 Dev Changelog
- Fury 3 does not recognize Gamepad/Joystick
- Worms 2 (GOG version) fails to start, crashes with a Visual C++ runtime error
- Worms 2 in-game audio no longer works
- Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer (AoM: Cards of Destiny) doesn’t stretch fullscreen properly
- Microsoft Chat’s comic mode graphical glitches
- Gun Metal is unresponsive to joystick
- VisualFEA’s Toolbar is broken (does no line wrapping)
- Perfect Cherry Blossom controls go crazy
- Total Commander: Pressing the “Program information” button opens multiple windows instead of just one
- Geneforge 1 – text gets cut away
- Shadow Vault has display errors
- ADO.NET query on a Jet database fails.
- VirtualDJ Home Free crashes after sitting idle for a few minutes.
- CAPCOM games using gamepad start with axes X/Y pressed up/left
- Multiple DirectX9 games need D3D11CreateDevice implementation with D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_x support (Ghost Recon: Future Soldier)
- See announcement for more
Install Wine 1.9.17 Dev on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-staging sudo apt-get install winehq-staging
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge sudo ppa-purge ppa:wine/wine-buildscomments powered by Disqus