Calibre 2.60.0 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with improved configuration dialog for the Kobo Touch device driver.
Calibre 2.60.0 changelog
- New Features:
- Edit metadata: In the drop down list for languages, show the five most recently used languages first.
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add a check for missing navigation documents in EPUB 3 books
- Kobo driver: Improved configuration dialog for the Kobo Touch device driver
- Copy to Library: Do not abort the copy process if only some books fail to copy, instead report which books failed and copy the rest.
- News download: Make all relative links (those starting with /) absolute. Useful when reading on a device that supports web browsing.
- EPUB metadata: Add an option to disable adding of cover images to EPUB files that declare no cover image in their metadata (Preferences->Plugins->Customize the Set EPUB metadata plugin)
<li class="bbli"> Bug Fixes: <ul> <li> ToC Editor: Fix ToC detection in EPUB 3 files with only an NCX and no nav not working </li> <li> E-book viewer: In paged mode, when the window is toggled between full screen and window, repeatedly, preserve the position more accurately. </li> <li> E-book viewer: Fix incorrect page turning when multiple pages are displayed on screen for books that wrap all their content in a single 100% height tag. </li> <li> Fix a regression that broke scheduling a new news download in timezones west of GMT </li> <li> Edit Book: Fix undocked windows not resizable on OS X </li> <li> Fix a regression in 2.57 that broke rescaling of images to fit the output profile screen size during conversion. </li> <li> Fix for file dialogs not working on windows when non-ascii environment variables are present </li> <li> HTML Input: Fix error when converting HTML file with URL encoded filename. </li> </ul> </li> <li class="bbli"> Improved news sources: <ul> <li> Handelsblatt </li> <li> New York Times Book Review </li> <li> Antyweb </li> </ul> </li>
Install Calibre 2.60.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
comments powered by Disqus
<pre>sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"</pre>