Cinnamon 3.0.6 recently released, is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology for user experience. This latest release comes with a number of fixes highlighted below.
Cinnamon 3.0.6 Changelog:
- Add a generic “bluetooth” icon
- power applet: Don’t connect to any signals that call _devicesChanged until we have the power proxy (since the callbacks assume we do have it).
- windowAttentionHandler.js: make the ignored app check case- insensitive. While we’re here make it a gsettings array for convenience.
- org.cinnamon.gschema.in – add pidgin to ignored wm classes.
- Touchpad settings: Invert motion-threshold setting widget
- appletManager.js: Fix copy/pasting applet panel applet layouts. Extension.get_max_instances() needed an extra argument, and then we were doing work twice – finished removing obsolete code.
- cinnamon-recorder: fix crash when starting recorder…
- cinnamon-recorder.c: restore avoidance of the panel when drawing the recording indicators. This was removed during some panel work a while back and never restored. Always draw them on the primary monitor now (the only monitor with reliable, simple-to-get workarea information).
- fix spelling mistakes
- onscreen keyboard: Add option to change activation behavior – accessible mode has the keyboard appear whenever focus demands it (ordinary accessibility behavior). On-demand mode will have the keyboard only appear when the user requests it via an applet click or keyboard shortcut.
- Themes settings: Fixed loading icon themes when a theme isn’t readable
- popupMenu.js: use the signalManager.disconnect correctly – the source actor (the panel actor for the applet) has to be the second argument, the object to disconnect from. Was causing flickering in the menu applet after repositioning it.
- Settings: Don’t hardcode “more info” link color in spices modules
- [desrt] network: properly remove connections from list
- Network applet: Fixed icon not showing VPN status
- Network applet: Delete trailing spaces
- Network applet: Fixed applet showing “Auto” wireless connection when turning wifi OFF and then back ON.
- tray icons: Bump icon request to 24, then scale back to 20 in the applet. This is needed due to changes to GtkIconSize values in Gtk3. GtkStatusIcon iterates thru the built-in icon sizes to pick an appropriate icon to use, and as of 3.18 there are no sizes between 16 and 24px.
- Preferred application settings: Set mimetypes more exhaustively
Install Cinnamon 3.0.6 on Linux Mint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon
Remove Cinnamon 3.0.6
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge sudo ppa-purge ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly
Install Cinnamon 3.0.6 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon cinnamon-core
Remove Cinnamon 3.0.6:
sudo ppa-purge ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
After installing Cinnamon on your machine, logout or reboot your machine, then Select “Cinnamon” from the Select Desktop Environment screen before logging in.comments powered by Disqus