WeeChat 1.5 recently released, is a free, fast, light and extensible chat client. It was written from scratch, and is actively developed. WeeChat has a text interface and runs on many operating systems, such as Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Unix, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X, Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with optional plugins
- multi-protocols architecture (mainly IRC)
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free program released under the GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.
WeeChat 1.5 Changelog
- add support of functions in API function “hook_process”
- move of nick coloring options from irc plugin to core
- move irc bar item “away” to core
- add pointer in callbacks used in scripting API
- add option irc.network.sasl_fail_unavailable
- add Portuguese translations
- many bugs fixed.
Install WeeChat 1.5 on Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install weechatcomments powered by Disqus