Blender 2.77a recently released, is a free and open source 3D animation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation. This latest update Blender 2.77a comes with a number of important bug fixes.
Blender 2.77a changelog
- Cycles: Better Subsurface Scattering, GPU support for Smoke/Fire and Point Density.
- Grease pencil stroke sculpting and improved workflow.
- OpenVDB caching for smoke/volumetric simulations.
- Reworked library handling to manage missing and deleted datablocks.
- Redesigned progress bar.
- Edit mode boolean tool, better decimate modifier.
- Improved extruding and weight painting tools for sculpting/painting.
- Support for Windows XP and the SCons build system was removed.
- Blender now requires OpenGL 2.1 minimum
- Fix for crash of point density textures due to undefined `point_data` on loading
- Fix Walk gravity fails w/ intersecting objects
- Fix Crashing save corruption with dynamic paint drip effector groups
- Fix Particles – Emit from Verts emits double on one vert
Install Blender 2.77a on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04 and Linux Lite 2
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thomas-schiex/blender sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blendercomments powered by Disqus