Calibre 2.58 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a text search tool to conveniently search for text even if it crosses multiple HTML tags.
Calibre 2.58 changelog
- Edit Book: A text search tool to conveniently search for text even if it crosses multiple HTML tags (Search->Search ignoring HTML markup)
- OSX: Allow drag and drop of file onto viewer dock icon to view file
- Workaround for incompatibility between Qt 5.5+ and Ubuntu that caused the context menu for the book list to flicker.
- Windows: Workaround for explorer shell extensions on windows that write to stdout
- Edit Book: When jumping to next occurrence of a word, take language into account
- Edit Book: Fix import of words into user dictionary not working
- Fix use of non-ascii characters in identifiers causing an error when identifier rules are used.
- Fix a regression that caused the paste from clipboard button to paste two times in the Add books from ISBN dialog
- Fix for incompatibility with PyQt 5.6
Improved news sources
- Denver Post
- Financial Times
Install Calibre 2.58 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus