In this guide you will see how to install Liferea 1.10.19 Linux Feed Reader on Ubuntu 16.04. Liferea 1.10.19 recently released, is a web feed reader/news aggregator that brings together all of the content from your favorite subscriptions into a simple interface that makes it easy to organize and browse feeds. Its GUI is similar to a desktop mail/news client, with an embedded graphical browser. This is a maintenance release for Liferea 1.10. This might well be the last maintenance release for 1.10.
How to Install Liferea 1.10.19 Linux Feed Reader on Ubuntu 16.04
- Read articles when offline.
- Synchronizes with InoReader (git master)
- Synchronizes with Reedah (git master)
- Synchronizes with TheOldReader (since 1.10)
- Synchronizes with TinyTinyRSS (since 1.8)
- Permanently save headlines in news bins.
- Match items using search folders.
- Play Podcasts in Liferea
Liferea 1.10.19 update
- Fixes #317: Compilation problems in 1.10.18 release
- Fixes #73: Problem with updating favicons
Install Liferea 1.10.19 on Ubuntu 16.04 and derivatives
Since the PPA is not updated frequently, I will show you how to compile it with ease. So first we need to install all liferea dependencies.
– Edit the file “sources.list” and un comment any line that has # sign under deb-src > Exit and save changes
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
– Update and run the following commands to install all dependencies
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep liferea
– Download and compile as follows
wget https://github.com/lwindolf/liferea/releases/download/v1.10.19/liferea-1.10.19.tar.bz2comments powered by Disqus
tar -jxvf liferea-1.10.19.tar.bz2
sudo make install