Calibre 2.57 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new “Ornamental” cover design for the “Generate cover” feature and a host of new sources.
Calibre 2.57 changelog
- Driver for the Bq Cervantes 3
- A new “Ornamental” cover design for the “Generate cover” feature
- Windows: Use a helper process that does not load any calibre DLLs to display file open/save dialogs. This should fix most crashes caused by poorly designed windows shell extensions.
- Allow pressing Alt+O as a shortcut for click the OK button in the Add from ISBN dialog.
- Remove the calibre dependency on ImageMagick — reduces calibre install size by ~ 15MB
- Edit book: Add a new image filter: Normalize — to improve the contrast in images
- Edit book: Add a filter to make images look like oil paintings
- Use ‘Not rated’ for zero stars in all rating spin boxes
- Edit Book: Fix a crash in the Insert Link tool if one of the HTML files contains an empty id.
- Fix tag like custom columns not sorted when displayed in the Book Details panel.
- Fix transient window shown during Edit Book startup
- Preserve booklist horizontal scroll position when merging books.
- Google Images metadata download plugin: Fix error when searching for books with non-English characters in the title or author names.
- Template language: Fix an error formatting dates when the underlying date does not have a day.
- Preferences->Keyboard: Fix unable to use Alt+A and Alt+S as custom shortcuts.
- Version 2.57.1 is a hotfix to fix a regression that broke conversion of ODT files in 2.57.0
Install Calibre 2.57 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus