SMPlayer 16.4 the latest free Media Player, is a free media player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. It doesn’t need any external codecs. Just install SMPlayer and you’ll be able to play all formats without the hassle to find and install codec packs.
SMPlayer 16.4 Changelog:
- The Windows installer now includes mpv as well.
- Now it’s easier to switch between MPlayer and mpv. (Preferences -> General, select either MPlayer or mpv as multimedia engine). [More info]
- The extrastereo filter works again when using mpv.
- Possibility to use the VLC shortcuts. (Preferences -> Keyboard and mouse, click the load button, select vlc.keys).
- Possibility to enable mouse gestures (when the mouse is dragged up or down in the video window the volume changes, if dragged left or right it changes the time position). You can enable this option in Preferences -> Keyboard and mouse -> Mouse -> Drag function: seek and volume.
- A fix for saving bookmarks.
- The option for streaming sites in Preferences -> Network is different now, and allows these values: disabled, auto, YouTube and mpv+youtube-dl.
- An animated icon has been added in the status bar to indicate when the player is buffering.
- A new layout is used to display the media information (Options -> View info and properties).
Install SMPlayer 16.4 on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smplayer smplayer-skins smplayer-themescomments powered by Disqus