PhpStorm 2016.1.1 recently released, is the first update in the series of releases planned for 2016, as indicated by the new version numbering. Along with new features, bugfixes and usability improvements, the long-awaited improvements in support of PHP language, and development tools was also addressed.
PhpStorm 2016.1 Notable Highlights
- PHP Language & Editing Experience: A number of serious and long-awaited improvements have been made in the PHP language support , such as improved type inference, completion, support of traits, and more
- New Debugging Experience: Zero-Configuration Debugging mode now made easier to discover for new users. Also, now you can debug RESTful Web Services right from a REST Client using the “XDebug for REST Client” feature.
- Frameworks and Tools: PhpStorm now provides the Keep-Alive feature for SFTP/FTP/FTPS servers and Remote Interpreters. Project-level interpreters, support for of Rerun failed tests for PHPUnit/Behat, and some usability improvements for Remote Interpreters are also available.
Update also brings important improvements for working with top-notch web technologies, such as:
- Improved Angular 2 support
- Better TypeScript support
PhpStorm 2016.1 also borrows many features and improvements from IntelliJ Platform, including:
- Right-to-left languages support
- Speed search (in “”Show Usages” and “Terminal”)
- JSON schema
- Support for Docker Machine
- Version Control and Database tools improvements
See link for more details
Install PhpStorm 2016.1.1 on Ubuntu OS
Please note that PhpStorm is not FREE, so this is a 30-day trial
sudo apt-get purge openjdk* sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-set-default wget https://download.jetbrains.com/webide/PhpStorm-2016.1.1.tar.gz tar -xvf PhpStorm-2016.1.1.tar.gz cd PhpStorm-*/bin ./phpstorm.shcomments powered by Disqus