FlightGear 2016.2 recently released, is a free, open-source flight simulator. It supports a variety of popular platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is developed by skilled volunteers from around the world. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes.
Promo Video by FGPromo
[youtube height=”HEIGHT” width=”WIDTH”]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBdJT2Pkdc[/youtube]
FlightGear 2016.2 Highlights
Major enhancements in this release
- Video configuration can be saved.
- The TerraSync server has been switched to using HTTP instead of SVN.
- All scenery models have been cleaned up and moved to TerraSync.
ATIS and METAR
- Various improvements in the reporting of wind, atmospheric pressure, and sky cover.
- Custom ATIS formats for the US/Canada/Pacific region and the UK based on real recordings.
- Bug fixes and data updates to reduce occurrence of NIL weather.
Atmospheric Light Scattering
- Filters have been added, enabling infrared and night-vision views
- ALS procedural lights
- A bug that prevented precipitation from appearing has been fixed.
- A bug in the multiplayer protocol has been fixed.
- Route manager now allows entry of a space separated list of waypoints.
- The Italian translation for menus, loading messages and help for command line switches has been updated.
- Further improvements to regional textures.
- New buildings for London Heathrow
- New buildings for Barcelona (+30)
- A bug in math.clamp() has been fixed.
Highlighted new and improved aircraft
- Piper J3 Cub
- Boeing 757
- Extra EA-500
- Saab JA-37 Viggen
- Cessna 182S Skylane
- Space Shuttle
- Boeing 757
- Beagle Pup
- Icaro Laminar 13 MRX (Weight-shift controlled hang glider)
Install FlightGear 2016.2 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear-edge sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install flightgearcomments powered by Disqus