Cinnamon 3.0.2 recently released, is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology for user experience. This latest release comes with a number of fixes highlighted below.
Cinnamon 3.0.2 Highlights:
- Cache generated thumbnails
- Fix desktop effects on dialogs and menus This prevents desktop effects on dialogs and menus from being used if desktop-effects
- Power applet: Fixed declaration of alias variable
- Window list: Fixed call on null object
- Fix handling of device icon where gicon is None
- cinnamon-settings: Don’t set the stack switcher to use the main settings stack on creation This is causing visual glitches in a lot of gtk themes when changing from the main icon view to a page that displays the stack switcher
- Fix highlighting not working correctly for multiple instances of an applet
- ExtensionCore.py: Don’t break when an xlet provides a bad icon file.
- Added null conditional to return empty array when get_devices returns null
- correct potential infinite loop
- accessibility settings: don’t use packagekit for now when looking for assistance programs that are installed. Just look for their binaries, and notify if not installed. Watch the bin folders in case the user installs the dependency and doesn’t restart cinnamon settings.
- cs_sound.py: Add a close button to the speaker test dialog.
- Fix image close crash
Install Cinnamon 3.0.2 on Linux Mint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon
Remove Cinnamon 3.0.2
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge sudo ppa-purge ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly
Install Cinnamon 3.0.2 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon cinnamon-core
To remove Cinnamon:
sudo ppa-purge ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
After installing Cinnamon on your machine, logout or reboot your machine, then Select “Cinnamon” from the Select Desktop Environment screen before logging in.comments powered by Disqus