SmartGit 7.1.3 recently released, is an efficient user interface with support for GitHub, Pull Requests + Comments, SVN and Mercurial. It focuses on simplicity and targeting non-experts and people who prefer a graphical application over command line usage.
- Modify commits before pushing, commit individual lines within a file, resurrect lost commits and many more.
- SmartGit will ask only when it needs a decision, but doesn’t bother you with underlying technical constraints.
- No need to install and configure additional tools: SmartGit comes with a built-in SSH client, a File Compare and Merge tool
- See your repository state at one glance: your working tree, Git’s Index, available branches, which commits need to be pushe
- Clone from GitHub, Assembla and other hosting providers. Create and resolve GitHub Pull Requests andReview Comments
SmartGit 7.1.3 Changelog
New Features, Improvements
- Hosting provider configuration: when pasting the token, leading and trailing whitespace characters are ignored
- Linux: debian bundle can work with JRE 1.8 now
- Preferences, Tools, Edit: “Handles: ( ) Files ( ) Directories (*) Both” was always selected
- Repositories view: drag and drop of directories did not work (OS X)
- http(s) authentication: user names with backslash were incorrectly parsed
Install SmartGit 7.1.3 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/download?file=smartgit/smartgit-7_1_3.deb sudo gdebi smartgit-7_1_3.deb
Install SmartGit 7.1.3 using deb package
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:eugenesan/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smartgitcomments powered by Disqus