Wireshark 2.0.3 recently released, is a free, open source packet analyzer used for network troubleshooting, monitoring, analysis, software and communications protocol development. The latest release Wireshark 2.0.3 comes with a number of vulnerabilities & bug fixes, which includes fix to wireshark crashing right after a capture filter is selected.
Wireshark 2.0.3 Changelog
- Protocol Hierarchy Statistics shows LDAP lines recursively.
- UTF-8 replacement characters in FT_STRINGs are escaped for presentation.
- DTLS : reassembly error, protocol DTLS: New fragment overlaps old data.
- Packet byte pane in Qt version of packet window isn’t being displayed.
- “wireshark -i usbmon2 -k” results in “No interfaces selected” when restarting a capture.
- Crash when changing the “which packets to print” radio button in the Print dialog.
- Selecting packets causes memory leak.
- Client Hello not dissected when failed SSL handshake fully captured
- TCP graphs – wrong stream graphed if stream index > 99
- Typo in packet-gsm_a_dtap.c.
- Lua dot file error
- “All Files” does not allow selecting files without period
- Qt GUI very slow when expanding packet details with a lot of items
- Comparing a boolean field against 1 always succeeds on big-endian machines
- FIN flag not always correctly passed to subdissectors.
- and lots more
Install Wireshark 2.0.3 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireshark-dev/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wiresharkcomments powered by Disqus