Mozilla Firefox 45.0.2 was recently released by Mozilla team. This latest release is purely in relation to some important bug fixes, which Mozilla have deemed necessary to bring the browser to a new client version which requires a physical update.
These include a fix for Firefox crashing in relation to video playback with Media Source Extension and also a fix an issue impacting the cookie header, when third-party cookies are blocked.
Mozilla Firefox 45.0.2 changelog
- Fix an issue impacting the cookie header when third-party cookies are blocked
- Fix a web compatibility regression impacting the srcset attribute of the image tag
- Fix a regression with the copy and paste with some old versions of some Gecko applications like Thunderbird
- Fix a crash impacting the video playback with Media Source Extension
- Fix a regression impacting some specific uploads
Install Mozilla Firefox 45.0.2 on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04
wget https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/45.0.2/linux-i686/en-US/firefox-45.0.2.tar.bz2 tar -xjvf firefox-*.tar.bz2 sudo rm -rf /opt/firefox* sudo mv firefox /opt/firefox sudo ln -sf /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
wget https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/45.0.2/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-45.0.2.tar.bz2 tar -xjvf firefox-*.tar.bz2 sudo rm -rf /opt/firefox* sudo mv firefox /opt/firefox sudo ln -sf /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefoxcomments powered by Disqus