Budgie 10.2.5 desktop recently released, is focused on the introduction of further refinements to the user experience. Budgie Desktop is a lightweight GTK3 desktop session and its the default desktop environment for Evolve OS.
Highlights Of Budgie 10.2.5 Release
- An elegant slide-in animation now used for the first launch of the panel, ensuring its only shown when the panel is fully loaded, and while loading the applets will show up in their correct order
- Increased the spacing between panel applets. Stylish animations for revealing or hiding icons added, and you will notice that application icons remain consistent, whether or not the application is running.
- Introduced a new applet for managing Bluetooth devices, including setting Bluetooth to “Airplane mode”.
- Improved the tile preview animation, so it originates at the window being tiled
- Desktop experience options now expanded by providing you the ability to:
- Enable desktop icons
- Select different cursor themes
- Select different fonts for things like Window Titles, Interface, etc.
- You now have the option to disable the region theming for the panel as well
- Budgie is now stateless.
- Built-in theme has been ported to GTK 3.20.
- As a result, we select the correct theme based on the GTK version.
- Fix window accountancy errors in budgie-wm, fixes several Steam titles
- LightDM lock screen functionality has been restored.
- Resolved instances where budgie-panel wouldn’t render across the entire display, as well as fixing rare instances where budgie-panel would have a titlebar.
Install Budgie 10.0.5 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/budgie-desktop sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install budgie-desktop
comments powered by Disqus