ImageMagick 6.9.3-8 recently released, is a software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images. It can read and write images in a variety of formats (over 100) including DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF. Use ImageMagick to resize, flip, mirror, rotate, distort, shear and transform images, adjust image colors, apply various special effects, or draw text, lines, polygons, ellipses and Bézier curves.
ImageMagick 6.9.3-8 changelog
- Respect gravity when rendering text (e.g. convert -gravity center my.txt)
- Return empty string for %d property and no directory
- Return filename for the %i property
- Fixed lost pixels in frequency space
Some Key Features and Capabilities
- Format conversion: convert an image from one format to another (e.g. PNG to JPEG).
- Transform: resize, rotate, crop, flip or trim an image.
- Transparency: render portions of an image invisible.
- Draw: add shapes or text to an image.
- Decorate: add a border or frame to an image.
- Special effects: blur, sharpen, threshold, or tint an image.
- Animation: create a GIF animation sequence from a group of images.
- Text & comments: insert descriptive or artistic text in an image.
- Image identification: describe the format and attributes of an image.
- Composite: overlap one image over another.
- Morphology of shapes: extract features, describe shapes, and recognize patterns in images.
- Motion picture support: read and write the common image formats used in digital film work.
- Perceptual hash: map visually identical images to the same or similar hash– useful in image retrieval, authentication, indexing, or copy detection as well as digital watermarking.
- Color management: accurate color management with color profiles or in lieu of– built-in gamma compression or expansion as demanded by the colorspace.
- High dynamic-range images: accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from the brightest direct sunlight to the deepest darkest shadows.
- Large image support: read, process, or write mega-, giga-, or tera-pixel image sizes.
- ImageMagick on the iPhone: convert, edit, or compose images on your iOS device such as the iPhone or iPad
Install ImageMagick 6.9.3-8 on Ubuntu Linux OS
tar -xvf ImageMagick.tar.gz
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib
– To start ImageMagick, simply type ‘display’
displaycomments powered by Disqus