Wireshark 2.0.2 recently released, is a free, open source packet analyzer used for network troubleshooting, monitoring, analysis, software and communications protocol development. The latest release Wireshark 2.0.2 comes with a number of vulnerabilities & bug fixes, including new and updated Capture File Support – 3GPP TS 32.423 Trace, iSeries, Ixia IxVeriWave, pcap, and pcapng.
Wireshark 1.12.3 Updates
- HTTP 302 decoded as TCP when “Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP streams” option is enabled.
- Questionable calling of ethernet dissector by encapsulating protocol dissectors. (
- [Qt & Legacy & probably TShark too] Delta Time Conversation column is empty.
- extcap: abort when validating capture filter for DLT 147.
- Missing columns in Qt Flow Graph.
- Interface list doesn’t show well when the list is very long.
- Unable to use saved Capture Filters in Qt UI.
- extcap: Capture interface options snaplen, buffer and promiscuous not being used.
- Improper RPC reassembly
- GTPv1 Dual Stack with one static and one Dynamic IP.
- Wireshark 2.0.1 MPLS dissector not decoding payload when control word is present in pseudowire.
- “…using this filter” turns white (not green or red). Plus dropdown arrow does nothing.
- EIGRP field eigrp.ipv4.destination does not show the correct destination.
- tshark -z conv,type[,filter] swapped frame / byte values from / to columns.
- The field name nstrace.tcpdbg.tcpack should be nstrace.tcpdbg.tcprtt.
- 6LoWPAN IPHC traffic class not decompressed correctly. (
- Crash with snooping NFS file handles.
- 802.11 dissector fails to decrypt some broadcast messages.
- Wireshark hangs when adding a new profile.
- and lots more
Install Wireshark 2.0.2 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireshark-dev/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wiresharkcomments powered by Disqus