Spark IM 2.7.6 recently released, is an Open Source, cross-platform IM client optimized for businesses and organizations. It features built-in support for group chat, telephony integration, and strong security. It also offers a great end-user experience with features like in-line spell checking, group chat room bookmarks, and tabbed conversations.
In this release more patches went into fixing Mac OS X version (issues with Preferences, File transfer, etc.). Also as part of fixing issues on Mac we have applied an experimental version of Libjitsi patch by cstux (Voice Chat module).
- [Voice Chat] Voice chat module has received an experimental patch and still needs testing and probably not working correctly.
- [Mac OS X] Installer is now bundled with Java JRE, so it is easier to start using it and many issues has been fixed.
- [Linux] Linux version has issues with menu not showing up and chat window not opening normally on the latest Ubuntu version. Also flashing plugin is not working on Linux systems.
Spark IM 2.7.0 changelog
- Preferences window doesn’t open on Mac OS X
- [File transfers don’t work on Mac OS X
- Spark is getting stuck with “On Phone” status after unlocking Windows
- Broadcast message is not shown with bolded red font in the tab
- Sound files are not copied into user’s profile on Mac OS X
- Bookmarks menu shows last when using Substance skins
- Add i18n translation for “(Offline)” prefix before offline message
- Add Mac OS X installer with bundled JRE
- Shows app name as Startup instead of Spark on Mac OS X
- RPM build fails after Libjitsi update
- Native Jitsi libraries not loading on Mac OSX
- Fastpath not working on Mac OS X
- Plugins are not being copied to user’s home folder on Mac OS X
- Spark is constantly trying to access e4j_pxxxx.tmp file
- Emoticons not loading on mac osx
- Disconnecting when saving or retrieving Notes
- Add Lithuanian translation for Fastpath plugin
- Update bundled JRE with the latest version
- Fix the wrong year on the About window on Mac OS X
- Increase checkstyle’s maxerror value
- Change JDK to 1.8 in Bamboo build plans (Ant)
- Update top menu item name “Spark” to more commonly used name “File”
- Update Spark’s User Guide
- Toaster Pop up for Incoming Call is too short.
- Idle state shouldn’t override custom status message
- Change JNA to version to 3.4.2
Install Spark IM 2.7.6 on Ubuntu OS
wget http://download.igniterealtime.org/spark/spark_2_7_6.tar.gz tar -zxvf spark_2_7_6.tar.gz sudo mkdir /opt/spark sudo mv Spark/* /opt/spark cd /opt/spark sudo vim /usr/share/applications/spark.desktop
Paste following contents into spark.desktop created above
[Desktop Entry] Name=Spark Version=2.7.6 GenericName=Spark X-GNOME-FullName=Spark Comment=ignite realtime Spark IM client Type=Application Categories=Application;Utility; Path=/opt/spark Exec=/bin/bash Spark Terminal=false StartupNotify=true Icon=/opt/spark/spark.png TargetEnvironment=Unity
Install missing libraries if prompted
sudo apt-get install libxtst6:i386 libxi6:i386
Search and start Spark IMcomments powered by Disqus