Vivaldi Beta 3 changelog
- A sessions save/load
- In this implementation, you can save all of your currently open tabs as a session so that you can go back and open them all at once. So for example, you can have a work session different from a private session. That way, you can very quickly switch between completely different set of tabs for work, and for your private research or what not.
- Tab specific zoom allows you to set zoom level for each tab, rather than for each website domain. It avoids having all the tabs zoomed when visiting the same website in different tabs and allows you to keep one zoom level while browsing in a tab.
- New Tab Hibernation Options
- This new option gives you more control on your resources. If you are like us and want to have many tabs open, simply right click on the active tab and choose ‘Hibernation Background tabs’. This will immediately free up more resources as your tabs are ‘put to sleep’. Switching over to any of them will bring them back to life.
- New options and defaults for tab opening and closing behaviour
- Another improvement from Beta 2 based on user feedback is tab opening/closing behaviour. When you open new tabs from a link in your current tab, they share a relationship. For example, say you perform a search in your current tab and Ctrl+Click the first search result, it will then open next to its “parent”. If you Ctrl+Click a second result, the new tab will place itself immediately after its “sibling”.
Install Vivaldi Beta 3 on Ubuntu Linux OS and Derivatives
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/stable/vivaldi-beta_1.0.403.24-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i vivaldi-beta_1.0.403.24-1_i386.deb
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/stable/vivaldi-beta_1.0.403.24-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i vivaldi-beta_1.0.403.24-1_amd64.deb
Install Vivaldi Beta 3 on CentOS
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/stable/vivaldi-beta-1.0.403.24-1.i386.rpm sudo rpm -i vivaldi-beta-1.0.403.24-1.i386.rpm
wget https://vivaldi.com/download/stable/vivaldi-beta-1.0.403.24-1.x86_64.rpm sudo rpm -i vivaldi-beta-1.0.403.24-1.x86_64.rpm