Wine 1.8.1 and Wine 1.9.4 both recently released, comes with a number of new features, improvements, small translation updates and bugfixes. Wine (Wine Is Not An Emulator) as we already know is a software for running Windows applications on Linux machines.
Wine 1.8.1 Changelog
- Gyldendal dictionary needs ole2disp.dll.SAFEARRAYALLOCDATA
- Lack of ole2disp.dll.SAFEARRAYDESTROYDESCRIPTOR causes Nota Bene to refuse to launch
- Internet Explorer 3.01 crashes on some web pages (unimplemented function ole2disp.dll16.VARIANTINIT)
- Unimplemented function ole2.dll16.READCLASSSTM
- winverbs doesn’t work, needs ole2disp.dll16.SAFEARRAYALLOCDESCRIPTOR
- BioEdit: changing the install directory doesn’t show the change in the GUI
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demo doesn’t work after intro movies
- GameRanger: unimplemented function dnsapi.dll.DnsFlushResolverCacheEntry_A
- Umax Astra 4100 USB scanner driver installer needs setupx.dll16.DiBuildDriverIndex in Win9X mode
- 64-bit StarCraft II v3.0 client crashes immediately on startup (SetThreadContext on self with only DRx registers/CONTEXT_DEBUG_REGISTERS provided)
- Any Video Converter (AVC) crashes after converting a video, needs msvcr100.dll._wtmpnam_s
- some *-config scripts in configure.ac are not crosscompiling friendly
- Zararadio can not read folder/file name path with Latin characters
- Cobra 11 – Burning Wheels demo: crashes when starting the tutorial
- The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion issues
- GTAIV rendering is broken
- GetLongPathName not working on case insensitive filesystems when short path is passed
- Spurious “You must use msvcrt” error even when __MSVCRT__ is defined (-mno-cygwin)
- Worms Armageddon opens wine explorer instead of running
- trackbar thumb always at zero on dialog load.
- StarCraft II: 64bit client crashing regularly due to access violation (0xC0000005)
- StarCraft II: 64bit client only runs with lowest shader settings
- Thumb slider doesn’t respond to key events
- Opening an RTF file with “A Wine application” fails with “File not found”
Wine 1.9.4 Changelog
- Support for color glyphs and font fallbacks in DirectWrite.
- Improvements to the WebServices reader.
- Support for more formats in Direct3D 11.
- Simplified syntax and clean up of tests marked todo.
- Various bug fixes.
Install Wine 1.8.1 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.8 winetricks
Install Wine 1.9.4 Development on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-staging sudo apt-get install winehq-staging
comments powered by Disqus