Following the third Release Candidate for Kodi v16 early in Feb, Kodi 16.0 finally release now out and according to the developers, this release is a heavy under-the-hood improvements release. Some of the more prominent features released imncludes Event Logging, Long Press, Non-Liner Stretch, Music Library Improvements, Add-On Manager Changes and DirectX 11 upgrade.
- Start of integration of ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
- Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to improve image quality of images
- Added support for the musicbrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, xiph.
- Add date added to music library and use it for sorting
- Support saving skin settings as add-on data instead of in guisettings.xml
- Image resource add-ons which provides common image libraries than can be used by several skins and add-ons.
- Don’t mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
- Win32: Proper 24.0/60.0 Hz refresh rate in fake fullscreen mode
- Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the albums chronological per artist.
- Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
- Series recording added for PVR
- Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
- Properly handle wired or bluetooth headsets on Android and only use PCM output
- Fix playback of VP9 and VC1 video codecs on Android
- Use best possible icons from other Android apps while browsing these in Kodi
- Enable true 1920×1080 output on AMLogic device without up-scaling
- Add Korean, Chinese and Czech keyboards
- Add multi-touch support for Linux platform
- Improve touch-screen keymapping
- The item that you had previously chosen will now be selected in the selection list instead of just starting at the top of the list
- Decouple Kodi and system volume on Android which removes the double audio volume slider
- Karaoke support has been completely removed as it wasn’t functional
- Further improve DX11 implementation in Windows
- iOS9 support
- Various PVR fixes and improvements
- Various improvements to the music section
- Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement existing tablet gestures.
- Kodi now supports being compiled with Xcode 7
- The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
- Add stereoscopic depth for Confluence skin
- Extended support for browsing movies by country and through UPnP as well as user-ratings which we be added in future versions.
Install Kodi 16.0 – Jarvis on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Install the encode addon
sudo apt-get install kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*comments powered by Disqus