Calibre 2.51 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with an added action to the context menu for the search bar to paste and instantly execute the search and many more.
Calibre 2.51 changelog
- Add an action to the context menu for the search bar to paste and instantly execute the search.
- When adding multiple books from a single directory, added the books in order of the last modified time of the book files.
- Fix a regression in 2.50 that prevented a small number of devices from being detected on windows
- PDF metadata: Workaround for PDF files with corrupted XMP metadata packets, generated by Nitro PDF.
- Edit Book Beautify: Do not beautify the insides of heading/p tags even when they are the only child of body
- Amazon metadata download: Fix published date not being downloaded from amazon.it
- Fix a regression in 2.50 that broke the user created device driver feature on windows
- EPUB Input: Fix error when processing EPUB files that uses non-ascii characters for their unique ids.
- When reading the cover from comic files, ignore any image files inside __MACOSX/ directories.
- Fix calibre on OS X unable to connect to sites that support only TLS >= 1.1. Also update the version of Qt bundled on OS X to 5.5.1
Improved news sources
- The Economic Times India
- Discover Magazine
Install Calibre 2.51 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus