Calibre 2.49 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new option to hide empty categories in Tag Browser and many more.
Calibre 2.49 changelog
- E-book viewer: Add an option to allow only a single book to be viewed at a time. Trying to view a second book will cause it to replace the currently viewed book.
- Kobo driver: Add support for the new firmware 3.19.5761
- Linux build: Update bundled version of Qt to 5.5.1
- Get Books: Update plugins for various Polish language book stores to handle changes to the website
- Amazon metadata download: Handle a change in the amazon website that prevented review metadata from being downloaded
- Better algorithm for guessing the ‘external’ network interface that is displayed to the user
- Tag Mapper: Do not allow the user to create rules with invalid regular expressions
- E-book viewer: Disallow hyphenation in documents that use mathematical typesetting as the hyphenation breaks that typesetting
- E-book viewer: Fix some non-ASCII characters not display in embedded MathML.
- Download calibre plugins securely using HTTPS
- MOBI Output: Try to autofix corrupted PNG images in the input document.
- Nook Glowlight Plus: Send files by default to the NOOK/My Files folder.
- E-book viewer: Fix failure to view comic files that contain non-ASCII characters int heir internal filenames.
Install Calibre 2.49 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus