Calibre 2.48 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new option to hide empty categories in Tag Browser and many more.
Calibre 2.48 changelog
- Driver for Energy Ereader Screenlight.
- DOCX Input: Add option to have superscripts/subscripts converted so that they do not affect the line height of the line containing them.
- New option to hide empty categories in Tag Browser (Preferences->Look & Feel->Tag Browser)
- Image compression: Fix spurious zero byte .bak files being created when compressing png images inside epub files
- Image compression: Fix bug that could cause zero byte images files/or file in use errors when compressing images
- Fix some icons not being themeable
- E-book viewer: When using heuristics to detect footnote links check for vertical-align set to top and bottom as well as sub and super
- Book details panel: Display data in right-to-left format when the calibre interface language is set to a right-to-left language such as Hebrew or Arabic
Improved news sources
- New York Times Book Review
- der Standard
- More Intelligent Life
- Reader’s Digest
- Financial Times
- New Scientist
Install Calibre 2.48 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus