Mixxx 2.0 recently released, is the most advanced, free, open source DJ software designed for DJs that allows you to mix songs live. Mixxx natively supports MP3, OGG, FLAC, WAVE, and AIFF playback (with plugins to support additional formats) and can be controlled by numerous DJ MIDI controllers. Turntables with timecoded vinyl can also be used to control Mixxx through the vinyl control feature. Mixxx runs on the Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
Mixxx 2.0 Changelog
- Dynamic, Resizable Skins
- Each of our three professionally-designed skins can stretch to fill whatever size screen you have. Turn parts of the interface on and off to reveal the features you use most.
- Decks with Master Sync
- Supporting the latest DJing techniques, Mixxx supports up to four decks playing back simultaneously. Combine tracks with loops and samples to create sophisticated on-the-fly remixes.
- Built-in Effects
- Mixxx’s new effect processing system allows you to apply up to 4 chains of effects to any mixer channel. Mixxx 2.0 comes with 5 high-quality effects and 4 equalizer effects with many more to come!
- RGB Waveforms
- See the sound of your music. With RGB waveforms, bright red means killer bass, blue glints where you find crisp hihats, and soft greens show you when the lyrics come in.
- Four Microphones, Four AUX Inputs, Microphone Ducking
- Radio DJs, MCs, and users with external gear will appreciate the flexibility of 12 total external audio inputs. And with auto-ducking, listeners will always be able to hear you over the music.
- click here for full list and details
Install Mixxx 2.0 on Ubuntu Linux OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mixxx/mixxx sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mixxx libportaudio2comments powered by Disqus