Kadu 3.0 RC1.5 Instant Messenger recently released, is a user-friendly, adware free, fast, stable and flexible open source Gadu-Gadu and Jabber/XMPP protocol Instant Messenger client for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Kadu 3 supports server notifications about avatar updates. New avatars are immediately downloaded and displayed on buddy list.
- Library for XMPP/Jabber support was changed from Iris to QXmpp. It already made connections with XMPP servers including Google Talk/Hangouts much faster. Few long outstanding bugs was easily fixed. In future QXmpp will allow to implement voice and video chats.
- Facebook had removed its XMPP support and didn’t provide a replacement protocol. Since Kadu 3 it will be no longer possible to create or add Facebook accounts and to use existing ones to chat with Facebook friends.
- Old encryption plugin (encryption_ng i encryption_ng_simlite) at first use displays message encouraging replacing simlite with OTR. In future versions of Kadu these plugins will be removed nad OTR message encryption will be the only one available (please note that connection encryption is something different from message encryption).
- Sound system got another batch of improvements. Unneccessary threads are no longer created on playing sounds.
- Additionaly it is now possible to configure notification sound file per buddy (or per chat) – it will be played when this buddy (or chat) sends a message or changes its status.
Kadu 3.0 RC1.5 2.1 updates
- jabber: #3015 done: removed Facebook support (Vogel)
- autoresponder: #3016 fixed: crash on exit when autoresponder is used (Vogel)
- translations: complete Spanish (Mexican) translations (timbamik)
- freebsd: #3028 fixed: compilation issued (Paweł Pękala)
- desktop_docking: plugin removed (Vogel)
- docking: #3020 fixed: icon is now visible in Plasma5 (wojtek k)
Install Kadu 2.1 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mati75/kadu sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kaducomments powered by Disqus