Tails 1.8 recently released, is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to Use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network; leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly; use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails 1.8 changelog
- Icedove a rebranded version of Mozilla Thunderbird is now the official email client in Tails, replacing Claws Mail.
- Claws Mail will be removed from Tails in version 2.0 (2016-01-26). If you have been using Claws Mail and activated its persistence feature, follow our instructions to migrate your data to Icedove.
Upgrades and changes
- Electrum from 1.9.8 to 2.5.4. Now Electrum should work again in Tails.
- Tor Browser to 5.0.5.
- Tor to 0.2.7.6.
- I2P to 0.9.23.
- Icedove from 31.8 to 38.4.
- Enigmail from 1.7.2 to 1.8.2.