Openfire 4.0.0 Beta recently released, is a real time collaboration (RTC) server licensed under the Open Source Apache License. It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber). Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
Openfire 4.0.0 Beta changelog
- Add a comment about restarting in Managing Plugins section of documentation
- Mutual authentication support
- AdHoc SessionData should be extensible
- Improve installation guide
- During build, parentPlugin should be on classpath
- Update bundled postgresql driver to 9.4-1202
- Drop support for the Solaris platform
- Replace antiquated JSP libraries
- AuditManager Module does not load properly
- Delete URLUTF8Encoder.java in favor of java.net.URLEncoder.
- Modernize XMLProperties with Java NIO.2 File API
- Add PropertyListener support to AuditManagerImpl
- Remove unused classes
- Tests should retrieve resources from the classpath rather than files.
- JDBCAuthProvider: add support for bcrypt and more
- Remove ‘ant-jive-edition’ and ‘qdox’ libraries from build
- In Ant buildfile, use properties instead of hardcoded value.
- Remove thread factory code duplication
- Implement XEP-0198: Stream Management
- Add Portuguese translation
- FileTransferManager should generate ‘complete’ event.
- Overlay should support i18n
- Overlay should allow modification of src/resources
- Buildscript should be able to clean one plugin
- Add option to use Name as a nickname when adding muc bookmark