Open Broadcaster Studio 0.12.3 recently released, is a complete rewrite of the original OBS from the ground up, with the main goals of course being multiplatform support, a more thorough feature set, and a much more powerful API. Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
Open Broadcaster Studio 0.12.3 changelog
- Added m3u8 file format for recording
- Fixed an issue where audio from certain sources could stutter under certain circumstances (bad timestamps from devices)
- Fixed an issue with windows game capture where Just Cause 3 would not capture properly
Install Open Broadcaster Studio 0.12.3 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kirillshkrogalev/ffmpeg-next sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
Install OBS Multiplatform Package
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install obs-studiocomments powered by Disqus