Fotoxx 15.12 Photo Editor recently released, is a free open source Linux program for editing photos or other images and managing a large collection (collection management). Images can be viewed in scrollable pages of thumbnails (variable size) or singly in a large window.
Fotoxx 15.12 changelog
- Adjust HSL: improved control of the color range to select and adjust.
- Fix Perspective: new option to automatically trim using the corner markers.
- Trim/Rotate: level a slanted image using EXIF RollAngle (if present).
- Keyboard Shortcuts: initially lists all existing shortcuts in a popup window.
- A button is available to start the dialog to add or revise shortcuts.
- Metadata short report: you can specify extra items to include in the report.
- New: Metadata batch report – list selected metadata for selected image files.
- File Save (New Version): this function can now have a keyboard shortcut.
- Maps: red-dot locations are consolidated for separations < 100 meters.
- Previously location names were used, but this was often too broad.
- Maps: custom user maps are now separated from standard maps.
- This prevents losing them if the fotoxx-maps package is re-installed.
- TIFF files are now saved without compression. The resulting file size may
be slightly greater or less, but the processing time is reduced by 90%.
- Slide Show new transition: image turns like a book page to reveal the next image.
- Bugfix: the Upright function could not step to the next image.
- Bugfix: PT Panorama was broken due to an interface change in Panorama Tools.
- Bugfix: possible crash when levelling an image by dragging the edge.
- Bugfix: possible crash if a select area is abandoned with nothing selected.
Install Fotoxx 15.12 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install fotoxxcomments powered by Disqus