Adobe Brackets 1.5 recently released, is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser.
Adobe Brackets 1.5 changelog:
- Fold Selected Text: Select any text block in the editor and fold markers will appear to collapse the selected text.
- Instant Search (Improved Stability and Performance): Major stability and performance improvements. Find in Files can now index and search robustly in thousands of files instantly.
- CSS Code Hints in PHP: CSS code hints are now available for style elements inside PHP files.
- Remember Collapsed Linters: Remember collapsed state of linters on switching files.
- Improve JS Code Hints performance in minified files: JS Code Hints now perform more efficiently with minified files
- Resolve Brackets freezing/crashing on windows on reload: Fixed the crash when reloading Brackets through “Debug > Reload With Extensions” menu
- El Capitan Fixes: Fixed full-screen bugs with Brackets on El Capitan.
- See release notes
Install Adobe Brackets 1.5 on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.x and Elementary OS 0.3 Freya
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/brackets sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install brackets
Install Adobe Brackets 1.5 on Debian Jessie, Debian Wheezy
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.5/Brackets.Release.1.5.32-bit.deb sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.5.32-bit.deb
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://github.com/adobe/brackets/releases/download/release-1.5/Brackets.Release.1.5.64-bit.deb sudo gdebi Brackets.Release.1.5.64-bit.debcomments powered by Disqus