Notepad++ 6.8.7 recently released, is a free open-source code editor and is based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 6.8.7 changelog:
- Fix crash while “backups and session snapshots” is activated.
- Restore file extension feature in save dialog.
- Fix crash issue while moving Find In Files progress window.
- Enhance language detection on “Save as”.
- Move position to center when using “-n” option in command line.
- Installer enhancement: Allow user to keep DSpellCheck plugin.