WinRAR 5.30 finally released, is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 5.30 changelog
- Added extraction of multipart ZIP archives created by 7-Zip. Such archives have .zip.001, .zip.002, … file extensions. You need to open .zip.001 file in WinRAR shell to browse or unpack such archive. All parts must be stored in the same folder before starting extraction.
- Added extraction of files split to multiple parts with .001, .002, …, extensions. You can open .001 file as a usual archive and then unpack its contents. WinRAR will combine all parts and save them to extracted file. All parts must be stored in the same folder before starting extraction.
- WinRAR file list allows to use mouse Back and Forward buttons or Alt+Left and Alt+Right keyboard shortcuts to navigate in recently visited folders.
- Folder wildcards are allowed in RAR command line in file names to archive. For example: rar a backup c:\backup\2015*\* will archive all ‘2015*’ folders in c:\backup. Use -r switch to search for ‘2015*’ also in c:\backup subfolders.
- “Extract” button in SFX archive is changed to “Pause” when extraction is started, so it is possible to pause SFX extraction and resume it later.
- “Skip encrypted” option in “Find files” dialog to silently skip encrypted archives while performing search command.
- Archive test command works for tar.gz, tar.bz2 and tar.xz archives. Since TAR format does not provide file data checksums, WinRAR checks only validity of GZIP, BZIP2 or XZ container.
- Adding a new string to WinRAR diagnostic messages window could be slow and affect the operation performance in case of thousands of errors. Now it works fast regardless of errors number.
- New ‘R’ object for -sc switch defines encoding of console RAR messages sent to redirected files and pipes. For example: rar lb -scur data > list.txt will produce Unicode list.txt with archived file names.
- Sleep time parameter in -ri
[: ] switch is adjusted to lower its impact to RAR performance and especially to recovery record related operations. Higher sleep time values are needed to reduce the system load to same level as in previous versions.
- Console RAR “l” and “v” commands display file time in YYYY-MM-DD format.
- When extracting RAR and ZIP archives created in Unix, WinRAR maps decomposed Unicode characters to precomposed. Such conversion is required for some Unix and OS X archives to correctly unpack non-English archived names in Windows. It works for Windows versions starting from Windows Vista.
- Modification time is set for all folders created when unpacking .7z archives. Previous versions set it only for non-empty folders.
- WinRAR prevents a computer to go to sleep by inactivity timeout until current operation, such as archiving, extraction or another archive processing, is done.
- Total progress bar is displayed when extracting .arj, .lzh and .cab archives (except multivolume archives).
- Progress bar is displayed when deleting files after archiving and when clearing “Archive” attribute of archived files.
- “Test” command also verifies contents of NTFS alternate data streams in RAR 3.x – 5.x archives. Previously their contents was checked only during extraction command.
- SFX module sets sfxstime environment variable, which contains the module start time in “YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS-ms” format. You can specify it in Path command if you need to generate a time based unique installation path, such as “Path=myapp-%sfxstime%”.
- console RAR crashed instead of displaying an overwrite prompt when attempting to add files to already existing volumes;
- console RAR “lt” command did not display seconds in file timestamp;
- WinRAR failed to decompress .xxe files if they did not include “section N of xxencode” string in the body;
- WinRAR could not restore contents of NTFS alternate data stream saved with -os switch if it was split between different volumes.
Install WinRAR 5.30 on Ubuntu OS
tar -xzvf rarlinux-5.3.0.tar.gz
sudo make install
wget http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.3.0.tar.gzcomments powered by Disqus
tar -xzvf rarlinux-x64-5.3.0.tar.gz
sudo make install