Wireshark 2.0 recently released, is a free, open source packet analyzer used for network troubleshooting, monitoring, analysis, software and communications protocol development. The latest release Wireshark 2.0 comes with a significant host of Qt Port bugfixes and new features.
Wireshark 1.12.4 changelog
- An RTP player crash has been fixed
- Flow graph issues have been fixed
- A Follow Stream dialog crash has been fixed
- An extcap crash has been fixed
- A file merge crash has been fixed
- A handle leak crash has been fixed
- Several other crashes and usability issues have been fixed
- “File”→Merge no longer crashes on Windows
- Icons in the main toolbar obey magnification settings on Windows
- The Windows installer does a better job of detecting WinPcap
- The main window no longer appears off-screen on Windows
- The I/O Graph in the Gtk+ UI now supports an unlimited number of data points (up from 100k).
- TShark now resets its state when changing files in ring-buffer mode.
- Expert Info severities can now be configured.
See changelog for full release details
Install Wireshark 2.0 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dreibh/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wiresharkcomments powered by Disqus