Calibre 2.44 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release fixes the Amazon metadata download, due to website change at amazon.com that prevented ratings from being downloaded.
Calibre 2.44 changelog
- Allow setting the cover for a book from one of the book’s formats by right clicking on the format in the Book details panel.
- Allow drag and drop of all file types onto the book details panel and the format list in the edit metadata dialog.
- Edit Book: When inserting an image into the current document, add a button to paste the image from the clipboard
- Edit Book: Change the suggested prefix for bulk renaming of files depending on the type of files being renamed.
- On Linux, use the system tray icon from the system theme, if available
- Fix for error when connecting to some Android phones/tablets that have an SD card on OS X and Linux
- Linux build: Fix problem with pointing hand mouse cursor not using the system theme on some Linux systems
- Fix the device view state not being saved when a connected device is ejected/disconnected
- Edit Book: Fix saving fails if the original file is deleted during editing session
- E-book viewer: When doing a search do not match text in comments, attributes and inappropriate tags, such as comments powered by Disqus