Audacious 3.7 recently released, is one of the best lightweight music player – is an advanced, feature rich music player for GNOME using GTK 3 interface. In this release, the Qt interface can be customized with several new appearance settings. Many other small fixes and improvements, such as a visualizer in the info bar, have been made to bring the interface closer to feature-parity with the GTK+ interface.
Audacious 3.7 bugfixes
- Playlists can be shuffled by whole albums rather than single tracks.
- Internet streams can be recorded while playing via a simple record button (GTK+ only).
- The playlist export window displays supported formats in a drop-down list (GTK+ only).
- A new, unified window has been added for managing equalizer presets (GTK+ only).
- The user interface automatically adjusts to be more usable on high-resolution screens (GTK+ only).
- An “Edit Lyrics” option has been added to the LyricWiki plugin, which opens the edit page for the current song.
- Guessing of missing tag fields can be disabled (#513).
- Decoding and playback of standard input is possible with e.g. echo file.mp3 | audacious
The following plugins have been ported to Qt:
- Winamp Classic Interface
- Playlist Manager
- Search Tool
- Status Icon
Install Audacious 3.7 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacious audacious-pluginscomments powered by Disqus