Calibre 2.43.0 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release fixes the Amazon metadata download, due to website change at amazon.com that prevented ratings from being downloaded.
Calibre 2.43.0 changelog
- Edit Book: Add a ‘Smart Comment’ tool to easily comment/uncomment text
- Tag mapper: Add new rule types to upper-case, lower-case or capitalize tags
- Markdown input: Allow the ‘extra’ convenience extension as a shortcut for enabling multiple other extensions. Also add the Attribute List and Admonition extensions. Finally, update the markdown library used by calibre
- Amazon metadata download: Fix for website change at amazon.com that prevented ratings from being downloaded.
- Tag mapper: Prevent cycles in the replacement rules from causing the tag mapper to hang
- Do not fail on windows systems where the system function to get the users home folder fails
- E-book viewer: Set the foreground color as well as the background color for the reference mode popup. Makes it legible even when the user specifies a different color theme for the viewer.
New news sources
- La Politica Online by Darko Miletic
Install Calibre 2.42.0 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus