The Vinux team has announced the release of Vinux 5.0 desktop image. This release features not just the Unity Desktop, but Gnome-shell and the ever popular Gnome 2 fork called Mate. Vinux 5.0 is based upon Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 22.214.171.124 LTS.
Some of the highlights in Vinux 5.0
- New re-designed Vinux boot logo.
- Up to date accessibility infrastructure.
- Current Gnome-Orca and accessibility framework.
- Improvements with Nautilus file manager when processing large folders.
- Unable to include the Vinux 4.0 console speech changes due to Vinux 5.0 not using consolekit any longer
- To use speechd-up log in to your desktop session and run sudo speechd-up from a gnome-terminal or add a startup item to do it automatically upon login.
- There seems to be a bug in the console if you use speakup-tools to save local speakup settings. As a work around you can still gain access using sudo or root.
- Firefox 41
- Thunderbird 38.3
- Unity 7.2.4
- Gnome-shell 3.10.4
- Mate 1.8
- LibreOffice 4.2.8
- Gnome-orca 3.18.1
- Espeak 1.48
- Brltty 5.2
- Speech-dispatcher 0.8.3
- Evince 3.12.2
- Liblouis 2.6.2
- Clam av 0.98.7
- Kernel 3.19