Cinnamon 2.8 is now available for install and will be released also as part of Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” sometime end of November. Cinnamon is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology for user experience.
Cinnamon 2.8 Highlights:
- Sound applet – The sound applet was given a fresh new layout. The track information and media controls are now part of a new overlay which sits on top of the cover art.
- For multimedia players which support seeking (Banshee for instance), a flat progress bar is also displayed underneath. This bar shows how far you are in the song, and you can of course interact with it to go to a different position.Input controls, applications and output devices were moved to the right-click context menu.
- Output devices now show both their name and their origin, making it easier to distinguish between them when multiple audio devices are connected.
- Power applet – The power applet received many bug fixes and the way it detects and handles multiple batteries was significantly improved.
- Connected devices and batteries are now displayed using the data provided by their manufacturer. In the screenshot above for instance, what was generically described as a “Wireless Mouse” in Cinnamon 2.6 is now described more accurately as a “Logitech M325”.
Support for status icons in the system tray also received a lot of bug fixes, in particular for applications such as Pidgin, Shutter, Filezilla and Thunderbird.
<p style="text-align: justify;"> <strong>Window list</strong> </p> <p style="text-align: justify;"> The window list is now able to show window thumbnails. This is configurable and it can be disabled in the applet preferences if you would rather just see tooltips. </p> <p style="text-align: justify;"> Click <a href="http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2015/11/cinnamon-2-8-released/" target="_blank">here</a> for full details </p> <p style="text-align: justify;"> <span style="color: #003366;"><strong>Install Cinnamon 2.8 on Linux Mint</strong></span> </p> <pre style="text-align: justify;">sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cinnamon
<p style="text-align: justify;"> <span style="color: #003366;"><strong>Remove Cinnamon 2.8</strong></span> </p> <pre style="text-align: justify;">sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightlycomments powered by Disqus