Calibre 2.42.0 recently released, is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. This latest release comes with a new feature: Driver for SONY DPT-S1, Edit Book: When showing suggestions for mis-spelled words, also show suggestions from user created word lists & Edit Book: Check Book: Add a check for “invalid” ids.
Calibre 2.42.0 changelog
- Driver for the new NookGlowlight Plus. This device only allows sending of files inside the NOOK folder, so calibre now follows that limitation.
- When converting AZW4 files to PDF, skip the conversion and simply unwrap the PDF file already embedded inside the AZW4 file.
- Metadata download review dialog: Add an option to mark rejected books in the main book list after the review is completed.
- Edit Book: Spell check dialog: Add a button to undo the last spelling change
- Edit metadata dialog: When downloading metadata with download of authors turned off, do not regenerate the author sort field after the download.
- Fix a regression that broke the heuristic used to detect cover images in some EPUB files that do not specify their cover metadata.
- Edit Book File List: Fix pre-selection of filename when renaming a file in the root
- Tag mapper: Fix bug when replacement tag has comma in it and the replacement rule is not the last rule
Improved news sources
- Various Polish news sources
Install Calibre 2.42.0 on Ubuntu OS
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"comments powered by Disqus