Nginx 1.9.6 [engine x] recently released, is an open source webserver, HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as a mail proxy server. Nginx powers several high-visibility sites, such as Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, CloudFlare, Airbnb, WordPress.com, GitHub, SoundCloud, Zynga, Eventbrite, Zappos, Media Temple, Heroku, RightScale, Engine Yard and MaxCDN.
Nginx 1.9.3 changelog
- Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process when using HTTP/2
- Bugfix: the $server_protocol variable was empty when using HTTP/2.
- Bugfix: backend SSL connections in the stream module might be timed out unexpectedly.
- Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if different ssl_session_cache settings were used in different virtual servers.
- Bugfix: nginx/Windows could not be built with MinGW gcc; the bug had appeared in 1.9.4.
- Bugfix: time was not updated when the timer_resolution directive was used on Windows.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes and improvements.
Install Nginx 1.9.6 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chris-lea/nginx-devel sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nginx
Remove Nginx 1.9.6
sudo apt-get remove nginxcomments powered by Disqus