Kitematic 0.9.2 recently released, is an open source project built to simplify and streamline using Docker on a Mac or Windows (coming soon) PC. Kitematic automates the Docker installation and setup process and provides an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) for running Docker containers. Kitematic integrates with Docker Machine to provision a VirtualBox VM and install the Docker Engine locally on your machine.
- Kitematic’s one click install gets Docker running on your Mac and lets you control your app containers from a graphical user interface (GUI).
- Easily search and pull your favorite images on Docker Hub from Kitematic GUI to create and run your app containers.
- Seamlessly switch between Kitematic GUI or Docker CLI to run and manage your application containers.
- Automatically map ports, visually change environment variables, configuring volumes, streamline logs and CLI access to containers.
Kitematic changelog since 0.9.0
- Loading spinner when starting the app, instead of blank white screen.
- Fixed issues relating to error handling in Setup
- Fixed bug where 500 command not specified message would be displayed for images without a CMD directive in their Dockerfile.
- Fixed bug where user could not delete a container that failed to start
- Update to node v4
- Remove bundling of machine, instead use Docker Toolbox
- Improved detection of docker-machine binary location
- Fixed bug where Docker CLI button would fail in 0.9.x