Gradle 2.6 recently released, is an open source build automation system. Gradle can automate the building, testing, publishing, deployment and more of software packages or other types of projects such as generated static websites, generated documentation or indeed anything else.
Gradle 2.6 comes with some shiny new features and many under the hood improvements.
- Can now build Play applications for Play version 2.3.x and 2.4.x. The new play plugin allows users to build, test, run and package Play applications
- Brings the initial version of, the long awaited, official support for functionally testing Gradle plugins
- Introduces a new TestLauncher interface for launching tests using the Tooling API.
- Brings significant usability enhancements to the new Rule based model configuration mechanism, through better reporting
- Provide a tooling api implementation which can be used in integration tests
- Provide infrastructure for plugin/task developers to execute gradle builds in a controlled manner for integration testing
- Maven POM property replacement for project.parent.artifactId is not working
- PlatformScalaCompile fails when building classes using Java 8 features
- Test filters are ignored for JUnit tests with Runner that is not Filterable
- Changed ordering of resolved dependency artifacts
Install Gradle 2.6 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cwchien/gradle sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gradlecomments powered by Disqus