DigiKam Software Collection 4.12.0 recently released, is an advanced digital photo management application for Linux, Windows, and Mac-OSX, which makes importing and organizing digital photos a snap. This new release comes with OSX PKG installers for Mountain Lion, Maverick, and Yosemite. Note that you must considerate digiKam under OSX as beta stage, not stable as under Linux.
DigiKam Software Collection 4.12.0 update
- Some dysfunctions have been identified and fixed with this release.
- PKG installer includes last Exiv2 0.25, LibRaw 0.16.2, and LensFun 0.3.1 which do not exist yet in Macports repository.
- Exiv2 includes huge fixes about video support which can crash digiKam, and Libraw/Lensfun add new recent camera supports.
- In the future, there is plan to include Hugin CLI tools too required at run-time by Panorama and ExpoBlending tools.
- For more details, you can consult the huge list of the issues closed in digiKam 4.12.0
Install DigiKam Software Collection 4.12.0 on Ubuntu OS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:philip5/extra sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install digikamcomments powered by Disqus