Wine 1.7.49 recently released, comes various bug fixes including new features which includes, DirectWrite is now good enough for rendering text in Steam, Some more OpenMP functions, Support for namespaces in the IDL compiler and many more.
Wine 1.7.49 changelog
- DirectWrite is now good enough for rendering text in Steam.
- A number of Direct2D improvements.
- Some more OpenMP functions.
- Support for namespaces in the IDL compiler.
- Windows Sysinternals Process Explorer and other tools show zero thread start address (NtQueryInformationThread with ThreadQuerySetWin32StartAddress info class)
- Microsoft OneNote 2007 “Insert Audio Recording” doesn’t work
- Nocturnal Illusion crashes
- Mig Alley Flight Simulator (1999) crashes due to unimplemented msvcirt.dll.??0ios@@IAE@XZ
- Death to Spies Moment of Truth: character bodies (player and NPCs) are invisible
- Multiple games crash on unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXComputeNormals (Gamestudio Venice, Nvidia hdr demo, Fritz 11, XCOM, Cities XL)
- Weapons Translucent Like Glass in FEAR 1 and 2.
- Spellforce 2 Gold – wrong drawing order of surfaces
- HttpQueryInfo() erroneously ignores lpdwIndex argument for some info levels
- Steam text invisible with dwrite.dll enabled
- hugin’s enfuse.exe crashes without native vcomp100.dll (purist)
- Some VST plugins that used to work with dssi-vst now fail
- and many more
Install Wine 1.7.49 on Ubuntu OS
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get installcomments powered by Disqus