CKEditor 4.5.2 recently released, is an open source, ready-for-use HTML text editor designed to simplify web content creation. It’s a WYSIWYG editor that brings common word processor features directly to your web pages. Enhance your website experience with our community maintained editor.
This is a minor bug fixing version whose primary focus is to improve compatibility with Microsoft Edge, the new Windows 10 browser that has just been published. Apart from Edge fixes, a few notable issues in other browsers were also corrected and some improvements were brought to the new features introduced in CKEditor 4.5, including drag&drop, embedding media resources with oEmbed, nested widgets and the toolbar configurator.
CKEditor 4.5.2 changelog
- The browser crashes when switching to the source mode. Thanks to Andrew Williams and Ma rk Smeed!
- Buttons in the toolbar configurator cause form submission. Thanks to colemanw!
- A monospaced font should be used in the
- Error thrown in the toolbar configurator if plugin requirements are not met.
- List elements incorrectly merged when pressing Backspace or Delete.
- Dialog state indicator broken in Right–To–Left environments.
- Copying inline widgets is broken when Advanced Content Filter is disabled.
- Text is not word-wrapped in the Paste dialog window.
- Content copied from Microsoft Word and other external applications is pasted as a plain text. Removed the CKEDITOR.plugins.clipboard.isHtmlInExternalDataTransfer property as the check must be dynamic.
- DataTransfer.getData() should work consistently in all browsers and should not strip va luable content. Fixed pasting tables from Microsoft Excel on Chrome.
- Binding drag&drop dataTransfer does not work if text data was set in the meantime.
- One drag&drop operation may affect following ones.
- Web page reloaded after a drop on editor UI.
- Block widget blurred after a drop followed by an undo.
- Drag&drop of a widget inside its nested widget crashes the editor.
- editor.getSnapshot() may return a non-string value.
- The Auto Link plugin does not encode double quotes in URLs.
- The Auto Embed plugin ignores encoded characters in URL parameters.
- Error thrown in the Auto Embed plugin when undoing right after pasting a link.
- Suppressed notifications in the Media Embed Base plugin.
- Resizing the editor while it is not displayed breaks the editable. Fixes also #9160 a nd#9715.
- Loss of text when pasting bulleted lists from Microsoft Word.
- Focus lost when opening the panel.
- “Permission denied” error thrown when loading the editor with developer tools op en.
- “Permission denied” error thrown when opening editor dialog windows.
- The Clipboard plugin breaks the state of Undo commands after a paste.
- Paste dialog’s iframe does not receive focus on show.
- Unable to paste a widget.
- UX improvements to notifications in the Auto Embed plugin.
##comments powered by Disqus